Tuesday, December 12, 2017

New Super Robot Wars Game Coming Next Year

I loved the hell out of Super Robot Wars V, so when this came to my attention my hype gland went into overdrive.

This should be a fantastic game. If the same care to narrative synthesis I saw with V is here, then I expect one hell of a wargame experience. Just tell me that JAM Project is doing the theme song again, and I am all ready to hunt this down and do the dance required to get the special stuff that I know will be present as bonus material.

Yeah, this is me being all hyped about a game that's months away and will likely have some Engrish issues when released, but I don't care. Yeah, this series is a square grid wargame with a narrative attached. I don't care. Yeah the animations get repetitive over time; so is the case for the Shining Force games of yesteryear and I loved those. I know I'm not the only one who'll be watching out for this one next Spring.

And as for you writer folks, pay attention: this series makes its money on mashups of all sorts and at multiple levels. You want to figure out how to execute such things? Read up on this at the TV Tropes entry on the series; they're masters, and thus worthy of learning from.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Anonymous comments are banned. Pick a name, and "Unknown" (et. al.) doesn't count.