Friday, December 23, 2016

FFXIV's Stormblood: The Hype Is Real

Final Fantasy XIV is the one MMORPG that I want to play, but don't because I don't have room in the budget for another subscription fee at this time. (I say another because I do pay for World of Warcraft, albeit with in-game gold at this time, but I've previously hustled my as to afford gametime via cards.) I thought A Realm Reborn was a good re-launch of the game, enjoyed vicariously what Heavensward had to offer, and I'm crossing my fingers that Stormblood will be good.

Well, there's hope: the Fan Fest in going on in Tokyo, Japan right now had a keynote that dropped some confirmations for new Jobs and Beast Tribes (and other things, but the one making the rounds is that the Red Mage (as a Job, base level 50) will (a) come with Stormblood and (b) be in one of the old ARR zones so it may not be gated. Nova Crystallis's article on it is here.

In the meantime, why not watch the official Twitch stream of the producer's Live Letter from said location? (Or, watch the VOD afterwords.)

Watch live video from finalfantasyxiv on www.twitch.tv

No comments:

Post a Comment

Anonymous comments are banned. Pick a name, and "Unknown" (et. al.) doesn't count.