Thursday, October 24, 2019

My Life As A Writer: Star Knight Saga Development

The first book is done and out there. Now what?

Book Two is now the focus of my writing attention. I want to get the manuscript written before the end of the year. I may throw together an ebook of that draft available for backers if they wish to serve as Alpha Readers. I will then get to work immediately on Book Three and get that drafted and ready for editing. At this point I will execute a crowdfunding campaign to finish them. This means raising the funds to hire Brian Niemeier to edit both books as his schedule allows, first and foremost.

Short stories will resume, playing the role of gaiden material. The first will be a revision of "Crisis at Garmil's Gate", the story that leads into Reavers of the Void and talks about how Red Eyes broke Azazel out of his prison. I want to place these stories in the magazines such as Cirsova if I can; those that I cannot place therein will be published at PulpRev first in serial format, and after enough of them are out there I will collect them into volumes and publish them in anthology form.

After Books Two and Three are out there, I will them write Books Four through Six back-to-back before I do another crowdfunding campaign.

But that's not all.

One of the Big Brands has a very good merchandise line consisting of licensed books that go over the fictional technologies and locations in that property that appears in said Big Brand's feature presentations. I think that there is a disruption opportunity for small folks like myself. The technology to publish novels via Print On Demand also allows for publication of far more, and to that end I want to collect the Lore Posts, clean them up, and put those together with the best artwork I can afford to produce Star Knight Technical Manuals.

At that point, I should have enough visual imagery to put up wearable/useable merchandise at a place like Cryptofashion.

If you want to be treated like a serious competitor, then you have to act like one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Anonymous comments are banned. Pick a name, and "Unknown" (et. al.) doesn't count.