Wednesday, May 29, 2019

World Class Bullshitters: Kathleen Kennedy on Star Wars - "We're Not Marvel"

The World Class Bullshitters come back with Part 2 of their breakdown regarding Mouse Wars and why they suck harder than a black hole.

Part of the impetus for me writing the Star Knight Saga is my dissatisfaction with Mouse Wars pushing me to write my own, much as Nick Cole & Jason Anspach did in creating Galaxy's Edge, but putting the emphasis on the Jedi Knights over the Stormtroopers. I'm learning as much what not to do by watching Mouse Wars' failures as I am my own, and part of that includes whom not to work with when Star Knight gets big enough to require someone besides me handling affairs.

Don't give money to people who hate you. That includes hiring them and making them partners. When I move on that comic adaptation, that film/TV adaptation, you can bet that I'll turn down incompetents and hucksters like Kennedy and her crew, and I'll never sell it; I'd rather set up a legal guardian whose sole purpose is to preserve it as I did it such that even the Tolkien Estate goes "Dude, lighten up."

Fortunately, I actually care about entertaining my audience, and come Friday you'll be able to see for yourself how well I did with my first book: Reavers of the Void.

1 comment:

  1. A good and informative video; ironically, Star Wars has fallen into the very trap that films of the 1970s were in when the first movie came out. It has become the monster it set out to defeat.

    ReplyDelete

Anonymous comments are banned. Pick a name, and "Unknown" (et. al.) doesn't count.