Monday, November 6, 2017

Changing of the Guard at Castalia House

Jeffro Johnson stepped down as Editor of the Castalia House blog. You can read all about this decision at that very blog here.

I am grateful to Jeffro for all that he's done to raise the profiles of many of us who are allies and friends in this grand quest to Make SF/F & Gaming Great Again. Every time he mentioned one of my posts, at any of the blogs I post at, in the Sensor Sweep posts he did to curate and collect the past week's best stuff in the blogosphere I couldn't help but to smile. His doing that directly contributed to the rise of traffic and readership I now enjoy, and for that I am thankful.

I remember when he asked me to write a guest post on King Arthur Pendragon for the Castalia House blog, and I still regard it as a high point in my blogging time this year.

If there is one thing I want Jeffro's successor to carry on, it's the weekly Sensor Sweeps. We who get mentioned appreciate the signal boost of attention that comes to us, and Castalia House benefits in turn by the attention we give to them. This is a mutually beneficial relationship, and the network of bloggers that arises from this curation will serve to foster the revival of a culture of fun centered on what is true.

As for you, Jeffro. Good luck, good hunting, and may God smile on you and yours hereafter. You did great as the editor, and built the blog into a force to be reckoned with. That's a deed that no one can take away from you, and I know you can apply what you learned going forward. I look forward to seeing your byline on more works like Appendix N in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Anonymous comments are banned. Pick a name, and "Unknown" (et. al.) doesn't count.