Friday, December 3, 2021

The Business: Seeing a New Property Emerge From The Either- Moshow's "Progenitor Effect"

Following up from the Takeda Shingen post a few days ago, here are the Show Z store listings for other toys in the Progenitor Effect series. Click on the images to go to the page in question. Due to the image sizes, put behind a cut.


Wu Chennghou

Brahma Maru (The Data Masamune unit)

Lancelot

This, combined with the Shingen unit, looks to be the hero mecha of this new original property. We don't see any opposing forces yet, and none of these look to be opposition, so I expect more toys in this line to come down the road- and I expect them to also reflect a premium price point. All that I know is that there is an alien invasion so I expect there to be either many mooks and a few enemy aces or we're going classic Super Robot and having Kaiju-style enemy warriors/units.

That's it. That's all I can find for now, and as only Shingen is available for sale this property could still end up stillborn, especially if the global shipping issues persist and toy orders get harder to fulfill. I do hope that Good Smile and other sellers are aware of this possibility and are sufficiently flexible to handle that problem if it arises.

As I said previously, my interest isn't purely out of blossoming fan interest in all things giant robot; I am interested in this property's development because, coming from a different direction, I too want to see my original mecha designs made physical and tangible for those that want them. I would expect that other authors with an eye to make the most of their property may find this worth following for the same reason. (Who wouldn't want their own favorite Combat Frame on the shelf?)

Good luck to MoShow Toys. Making original mecha succeed these days in major media isn't easy, but if it's well-executed and sufficiently exciting it will find and keep an audience that is starving for something new in the niche that they love- much like how Mil-SF readers will devour any competently-executed novel series.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Anonymous comments are banned. Pick a name, and "Unknown" (et. al.) doesn't count.