Friday, November 26, 2021

Welcome To The Mad Season of Black Friday 2021

Her time comes again!

The Christmas Shopping Season of Madness has arrived. Fortunately I've completed mine already, so I'm good to sit this one out and not bother with crowds or worry about shipping issues. I'll let the folks know that my Amazon Wish Lists are up to date, and so are my Wish Lists for Steam and GOG on the appropriate tab here.

However, there is one thing I want that Amazon does not carry.

And finally I found the site of the distributor: Good Smile.

For my fellow Americans, you'll find it here. Canadians, I think you'll be okay on the US site. For everyone else, you'll want the Japanese site and select the appropriate language; you can find parties other than Good Smile selling it here.

There is a method to the madness here. This toy is an original design for an original Intellectual Property, a nascent Super Robot property, with this as one of the three Hero Robots; a second based on Data Masamune and a third based on Sir Lancelot are known to be in the works, but so far are only concept art. The story being told is very basic, the sort of fanfic trope distillation that one would expect of a narrative created to justify the product's creation, but I can forsee that getting a better treatment if the merchandise sells well enough.

And I want to know how this company--MoShow Toys--is doing it so I can do it myself down the road.

That price tag is a premium, but as the video review demonstrates you are not getting crap for it; this is as good as you'd get for a Metal Build Gundam (many of which were also done by MoShow recently), DX Chogokin Macross toy, or Soul of Chogokin/Hi-Metal toy (like this Dougram reissue).

I would think every other author of original mecha/PA fiction would be similarly curious, especially if they have any fan-favorite units to demonstrate demand. That it's also a fun toy that will last for decades is almost an afterthought.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Anonymous comments are banned. Pick a name, and "Unknown" (et. al.) doesn't count.