Sunday, February 21, 2021

My Life As A Gamer: "We Will Take Jerusalem!", The Brawler Game That Should Be Made

It's Sunday. I'm going to put this out there since I want to wash the bad taste of BlizzCon out of my mouth. Remember side-scrolling brawlers? Totally my jam.

They're great games, even the lesser-known ones. (Do not sleep on Sacred Citadel.)

Why not make one where you're Crusaders retaking the Holy Land? I'm surprised that it hasn't happend already. Do just like Warriors of Fate, which is based on Romance of the Three Kingdoms; pick six Crusaders from history to be playable characters, build stages recounting the big hits of the era, and boss fights against Saracen leaders like Saladin. It'll be a great blend of Warriors of Fate and Knights of the Round.

If I could organize such a game development effort, I'd be doing it right now instead of blogging about it. Instead, I'm wanting someone that can do take up that torch and run with it across the line. Go for it and put it out on PC, PS4/5, Switch, and Xbox; try to do cross-play and cross-platform progression if you can. Try to hit that magic $15-$20 sweet spot if you can.

Do it and I'll stream it as soon as I can get it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Anonymous comments are banned. Pick a name, and "Unknown" (et. al.) doesn't count.