Tuesday, October 1, 2019

Year Five Begins Now

Welcome to Year Five of The Retreat.

Before I get any further, here's something you want to see.

Backer copies are expected to arrive a week from today at the earliest. I will turn them around and mail them out as fast as I can.

And that is what you can expect more of this year. By this time next year I want Star Knight to have three books on sale and Books 4-6 in active development, a process I intend to be as transparent as I find practical via this blog. I won't post about it all the time--plenty of other things to talking about, like gaming--but more writing stuff will be here. One of those things, however, is another crowdfunding campaign. More on that later.

That brings me to another change. I'm going to shut down The Study temporarily. Blogs readers are like genre readers; they stay in their lane. The way writers who work in multiple genres handle readership has applicability here, and until I know what to do with The Study I won't post there. It remains up as an archive for now; all posting that would have been done there moves here, where it'll be seen. When I decide what to do with it, I'll announce it here.

Empire stays active. It's got a substantial readership of its own now, despite being on a weekly schedule, and that makes it worthwhile. I want to figure out what else I can do for that readership, but right now maintaining course while I build out here in the genre fiction end of the culture front seems to be the best use of very limited resources.

So that's overall what to expect here: more talk about Star Knight, more talk about building up Star Knight, more commentary on everything informing Star Knight. The backer copies are on their way to me, so I'll be getting ready to turn those around when they arrive and get them on their way to my backers. For the rest of you, you can buy your own paperback copy here and Kindle here.

1 comment:

  1. Bradford

    Congrats on the milestones. I'll have to check if I left a review over at Amazon Canada.I think I did but I'll check again.

    I can't wait for the next kickstarter campaign. I really enjoyed reading the first and want to know what happens next
    xavier

    ReplyDelete

Anonymous comments are banned. Pick a name, and "Unknown" (et. al.) doesn't count.