Friday, October 4, 2019

My Life In Fandom: Pop Team Epic Makes Super Robot Wars

Yesterday the team behind Super Robot Wars did a livestream. No new game for the main console series got announced. Instead, we had confirmation of a Switch and PC release for Super Robot Wars X, some stuff for the DD mobile game, new Soul of Choukugin stuff for Mazinkaiser and Yamato, and an anniversary crossover event for X-Omega. It's that crossover that had me going "You brilliant bastards!" Let me show you what they're doing.

In spirit of Cross Omega's fourth anniversary, Popuko and Pipimi from Pop Team Epic will be showing up in the game. Masami Obari was in charge of designing the mecha version of Pipimi which showed up in the OP for the special episode of Pop Team Epic.

I'm not gonna lie. I'd watch that if it were a legit series, or even a recurring bit in a second series of Pop Team Epic. While I'm not into X-Omega, being a mobile game with all that entails, I'd be down with Pop Team Epic showing up in a console game as a special crossover stage (as V & X does in T).

And that's not the craziest stuff I've seen this past week. Not when KFC releases a dating sim and Wendy's releases a tabletop RPG. This timeline is crazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Anonymous comments are banned. Pick a name, and "Unknown" (et. al.) doesn't count.