Monday, November 19, 2018

My Life As A Gamer: Super Robot Wars T Announced

I hauled my ass out of bed at 6am to catch a corporate announcement livestream in Japanese. The announcement was for the next Super Robot Wars title, and I didn't get one announcement. I got two. One of them is a mobile game (Super Robot Wars DD), which makes the mobile gaming set happy, and the other is a joint PS4/Switch release: Super Robot Wars T. "T" stands for "Terra", and it's got not only a lot of returning series, but several debuts.

One of them is Cowboy Bebop, the other is mother-fucking Captain Harlock! (SSX version, specifically) so another thing got memed into reality. Keep at the LoGH-in-SRW memes, folks; we'll get Mein Kaiser and The Magician into the series yet. There's more, but I'm waiting for the trailer to be translated into English and released. When that happens, I'll post a follow-up featuring it.

Series Featured:

The English subtitled trailer is here.

6 comments:

  1. Harlock I was expecting since I hoped Yamato meant they had made some licensing progress. Cowboy bebop was a big surprise for me.

    Hopefully we get an Asia english version this time too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We'll get an English version on both Switch and PS4. The last two console releases in English did very well. We are not part of their mobile considerations yet, which is the other part for why I didn't do more than mention that DD exists.

      Delete
  2. They closed the introductions with a magical girl piloting a mecha? I thought Harlock would get that honor.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's from Magic Knights Rayearth, one of CLAMP's classics, and it's a big deal for that series to get into SRW.

      Delete
  3. That's quite the line up of series. I do hope Outlaw Star is in the cards for a future appearance.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They will, if only because they're running out of mecha shows to mine for the franchise. That's why I think LoGH will get in soon, and why I think they'll finally accept Western properties in a few years.

      Delete

Anonymous comments are banned. Pick a name, and "Unknown" (et. al.) doesn't count.