Friday, August 24, 2018

My Life As A Writer: One Day To Go For #StarKnight

One day left to go for #StarKnight, folks. This is the home stretch, and we're reaching for the Stretch Goals. Just 31% ($313) from that goal, and time's running out to guarantee a speedy Book Two. You can still make it happen by going here.

After the campaign concludes, this is the rough timeline:

  • While I wait out the 14 business days before the money goes into my account, do a pass looking for basic errors.
  • Take care of what needs to be done to pay my editor and get the manuscript into his hands, then do it when ready.
  • If no one volunteers to color the cover, find a colorist to hire and figure out how to work with/pay them.
  • Contact backers, ask how they want their ebooks delivered. (Leaning to setting up a Dropbox location and emailing backers the link when it's ready.)
  • Set up KDP account so that after backers get their stuff, I don't have to worry about uploading the ebook and POD files.
  • Get manuscript back, haul ass on the edits and finish that work.
  • Put together Acknowledgements, etc. for front and back of finished manuscript.
  • Finish the cover, put finished bits together into something for the formatter to work with.
  • Get finished files out to backers.
  • Get ready to launch.

Since I've never done this before, expect that to change, but so long as you that backed #StarKnight get your ebooks by New Year's Eve everything will work out. Yes, by the way, I do have Book Two already in the works, so you folks who bought Major or Minor roles should expect me to get a hold of you sometime later this year once I figure out what cast slots I have open for Book Two.

If you're not following me at Walker's Study (where I usually write about this sort of thing), it's linked in the Other Blogs tab above. If you haven't signed up for my newsletter, please do so; I would like to use a private email newsletter going forward, especially as (I hope) I can rely less on crowdfunding and more on normal business practices (such as merchandise offerings) to help me keep this going.

If you folks have anything you want me to consider to expand #StarKnight's viability going forward, the Comment section below is fine and otherwise you can email me if you want to talk privately.

Finally, I want to thank all of you who helped turn this into something real. Public or private, word or deed, thank you all. This book, and those to follow, would never have come to be without your support. I am grateful for all you've done, and I can't wait to see you enjoy what I've written. I may not hit like Nick Cole & Jason Anspach did with Galaxy's Edge, but I'm confident that I can entertain you all well enough to turn this into something that helps pay the bills going forward- and two years from now, I will be able to argue for getting into Super Robot Wars (and screw you SJWs for poisoning the well, I'll do it anyway).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Anonymous comments are banned. Pick a name, and "Unknown" (et. al.) doesn't count.