Thursday, December 7, 2017

The Mouse Star Aims at the Fox Sector (& Last Jedi Talk)

I had my Pearl Harbor Day moment for the year back in August, when my Great Uncle Kenneth Holm returned from that place to be interred at Ft. Snelling National Cemetary, where his older brother--my maternal grandfather--as well as my father are also interred. You can find those posts here and here. I have no desire to repeat myself, so I shan't.

Instead, I'll bring to your attention the latest Midnight's Edge podcast, where the crew discusses Fox wanting to sell out to the Mouse and join the Disney Empire. There's also a new World Class Bullshitters episode. Both are embedded below; I will talk about them at some length this weekend.

I do wonder one thing: Do the men who fought in that war think that today's world is the one they fought for, no matter the side, and if not then when (and how) did it all go wrong?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Anonymous comments are banned. Pick a name, and "Unknown" (et. al.) doesn't count.