Sunday, November 27, 2016

Wisdom From The Off-Hand: On Pain as a Teacher

I read Vox Day's blogs on the regular, and this post had that nugget of wisdom thrown in not as the main point, but as an aside:

Pain is the path to truth. If a fact bothers you, if it triggers you, if it makes you want to shy away from contemplating it, that is the signpost indicating the way you will have to go in order to find the truth. As a far better philosopher than me once said, it is a hard and narrow path.

Look, I'm not going to blather on about what this means. It ain't fucking hard to figure out, so I won't insult you (or him) by doing so. What I will ask of you is to read that until it's become a meme in your mind, and let it do its magic to make your life better. If you have a problem with it, take it up with him by email or at his blog; bitching to me will get you spammed, and if you persist I'll just drop the banhammer and be done with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Anonymous comments are banned. Pick a name, and "Unknown" (et. al.) doesn't count.