Tuesday, September 12, 2023

The Culture: Macris Talks Timekeeping, Part One

Alexander Macris talked timekeeping last night.

I understand Macris' objection to disallowing player action that would negate something already done that--on the IRL calendar--has not happened yet.

I do not agree with it. However, I am holding my response in abeyance pending Macris' follow-up video on how he proposes to handle the matter of avoiding paradox (which is what saying "No, you can't do that; it's already been done." is about)

I expect to hear a novel, yet practical and easily implemented, alternative solution come next week. I am willing to entertain that solution in good faith if it delivers on that promise.

Next Monday should be interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Anonymous comments are banned. Pick a name, and "Unknown" (et. al.) doesn't count.