Monday, August 8, 2022

My Life As A Writer: Cirsova's Submissions For The Year Are Closed

Cirsova Magazine closed their submissions for the year this morning.

I know that I always say that competition for space will be fierce, but this time, it’s even much moreso:

  • We received more submissions than ever before during our 1-week period.
  • I had to replace a water-line to my house, so I don’t have a lot of extra money to overbuy.
  • I owe two authors sizable kickstarter checks and one artist a sizable check for 2022 art; I have the money for those, but I WILL NOT leave myself in a position where those payments need to be delayed for any reason.
  • I need to give my copy editing team a raise, and the cheapest, easiest way to do that is pay them the same while asking less of them, so I will not be cramming 7 issues worth of content into 4 issues of Cirsova again–it was a lot of time and work for.

That's fantastic news, which means that those of us that get rejected shouldn't feel so bad. Space is more limited than before, and there's more competition for what space there is, so what does get accepted and published will be certain to satisfy the readers. For those that get filtered out, keep an eye out for other magazines where our submissions will fit like The Bizarchives.

Good luck, everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Anonymous comments are banned. Pick a name, and "Unknown" (et. al.) doesn't count.