Thursday, October 1, 2020

Year Six Begins Now

Welcome to Year Six of the Retreat.

Most blogs, especially one written by one man publishing at least once a day (barring hospital trips), don't last this long.

Coming over the course of this year will be a reorganization of the entire structure. The Retreat will remain a daily blog, but the dormant and secondary blogs will get new attention put to them and I will start reorganizing what gets posted where accordingly.

  • Empire Must Fall: All Narrative Warfare posting henceforth moves to Empire and post frequency there up from once a week to no less than that (barring hospitalization), with an expected frequency of three times a week on average; links to a new post there will be put into the corresponding day's post here as a courtesy.
  • Walker's Study: Revived after a year of dormancy with a similar posting schedule. Posts on Star Knight and related topics will go there, as will the lore archive, again with new posts getting a link here on the corresponding day's post.
  • Walker's Retreat: The general blog.

The big thing that I think is on the horizon is a move. Some time in 2021 I will look into moving all of the blogs to a new domain and off Blogger entirely. Barring any black swans, I'll make that happen and get things moved from here to there once I know where "there" is.

Smaller moves will include expanding the merchandise available. More stuff will be made available as posters, shirts, etc. down the road as I figure out what I have and what people want. When I finish the third book, I will then combine the three for the purpose of putting together an audiobook offering; this will get a separate crowdfunding campaign.I will also entertain manga adaptations at that time for the first three books.

The goal over this year is to start formally organizing what I'm doing with Star Knight, and to use the structure I put together in pursuit thereof to support my friends and colleagues explicitly and openly. As I've found while digging into Print On Demand merchandise and Affiliate Marketing, much of this is just doing what I already do and being just more deliberate about doing it.

As there is no going back, there is also no fixed future; we create what we want to see, and I want to see a thriving independent fiction market outside of SJW control and organization- and it's the latter, not the former, that's going to get me into trouble.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Anonymous comments are banned. Pick a name, and "Unknown" (et. al.) doesn't count.