Saturday, August 15, 2020

A Make-Up Post: What I Did While Without Power

During the time/date stamp of this post, I actually had no electrical power and was knocked offline.

The night before, a massive thunderstorm that spawned tornadoes blew through my neighborhood. Everyone got hit with power loss. Aside from cleaning up the branches shorn off the trees--anyone need firewood?--there wasn't much to do that I could do. I need power to write, to communicate, and do anything else of consequence other than read and manage my body mechanics--medicine, food, sleep, etc.--and so was very bored.

Being alone with one's thoughts is not necessarily a good thing, but it kept me entertained. I drempt up the story of a warrior governor who would go on to turn his story into an anime series, married the lead actress/singer cast, and do 80s action one-liners that also doubled as weeb-tastic anime references.

God help me, I may write that one and sell it as an action-comedy that blends the absurdities of Metal Wolf Chaos and Metal Gear Rising: Revengence.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Anonymous comments are banned. Pick a name, and "Unknown" (et. al.) doesn't count.