Monday, February 17, 2020

My Life As A Writer: Book Twitter Is Pathetic

I made this observation on Twitter today.

It's fucking retarded.

The amount of utterly useless bitching, whining, and moaning about OldPub pushing this or that or the other thing on authors--being it agents or publishers--shows that most of them somehow haven't accepted that they don't need either of them anymore to get their books out there and before the buying public. I can only conclude that, for many of them, they are far more concerned with the prestige of OldPub's approval via publication than actually putting out their work before people who want to buy it.

I am not sympathetic at all to them.

And no, BookTube is no better.

3 comments:

  1. I think some people love to focus too much on "why something is hard" rather then, well, why is "writing fun" for you? Kinda mentality also.

    It's why I am more then happy to go along and post my fun on the blog or look at this draft here. More space doggos! Yes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two words that prove your conclusion:

    "Book deal"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Truthfully I thought they were all basically the same place. The book tubers keep acting like everyone has a book Twitter and book Instagram account. But I know they can't be better because they are all millennials who have read fewer books then my 15 year old self and they are all the same books.

    ReplyDelete

Anonymous comments are banned. Pick a name, and "Unknown" (et. al.) doesn't count.