Tuesday, December 24, 2019

My Life As A Writer: Star Knight In 2020

This year I released Book One, Reavers of the Void (ebook and paperbacks links in the sidebar), beginning the Star Knight Saga after an unexpected hospital visit and a lengthy rehab thereafter. So far the reaction has been as I had hoped, and that means there's more coming. This is the plan.

  • Write Book Two starting right after the New Year.
  • Write Book Three immediately after finishing Book Two.
  • Run a crowdfunding campaign to pay for the editing required.
  • Get backers their copies as soon as the books are ready, then put it for sale on Amazon.
  • Open a merchandise store to sell Star Knight merch to those wanting it.
  • Encourage fan art.

The timeline is to get the manuscripts done by the end of April, with the campaign taking all of May. While I wait on the edits to come back, I will finally get going on the side-project I'd been talking about on and off for a while now. This is the first Star Knight Gaiden, "Knight of the Sword" (tentative title), featuring Creton as our lead and taking place on the world of New Vienna. If the resources and time allows for it, I'll get this one done and out by this time next year. If not, as soon as I can in 2021.

I will post excerpts here as I lock things down, including any artwork.

And that, by the way, is what the merch store is about: getting the artwork out there. Stuff is fantastic.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Anonymous comments are banned. Pick a name, and "Unknown" (et. al.) doesn't count.