Friday, October 11, 2019

My Life As A Writer: One Year Later

Now that I've got backer copies of Reavers heading out, I can finally take a moment to reflect on this entire process.

I came into this a complete noob, without any resources to speak of, and just enough of a plan that I had something to work from going forward. I managed to get Reavers written, edited, and--in ebook form--to my backers before I went down and had to be hospitalized. That's nothing to take lightly. Once I was well through rehabilitation I began figuring out how Amazon's KDP systems worked, which proved to be not the issue I thought it would be, and got both Kindle and Paperback versions out.

For a first effort, I did well. Time now for the follow-up.

I will do a crowdfunding campaign, but I'm unsure if this is the time for it; I'm thinking after New Year's may be better. When I do, I'll put in Perk options that I know worked for Brian Niemeier. If you have any guidance on this question, drop a line below. In any event, I will focus on getting Book Two written before the end of the year.

Someday I'll get the real Gabriela to make real the music I hear when I write her doppleganger.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Anonymous comments are banned. Pick a name, and "Unknown" (et. al.) doesn't count.