Wednesday, July 10, 2019

The Business: Considering The Side Story Angle

This is a question that I can't do to my satisfaction with a simple Twitter poll, but it's not a hard one to follow. My background is as a historian; it's where the bulk of my applied writing education wrests. Having read Vox Day's Sumna Elvetica, I wonder if I could do something in that vein- a fictional nonfiction side work.

The idea is that I could write about Galactic Christendom (and its preceding eras) in ways that the main series won't cover, using that more academic approach and formal tone, complete with footnotes and references as if it were a real scholarly work. The audience would not necessarily overlap with the main series, nor would I intended it to, so the covers and other dress would be significantly different to make plain the difference.

No, I don't know what, specifically, I would do other than focus more on the Church and its role in rebuilding Mankind after the Cataclysm into Galactic Christendom. I don't know when I would do this either; a lot of what I do want to do in this vein constitutes spoilers for the main series at this time. Thus the question: What fictional non-fiction would you want to see as an adjunct to main Star Knight books?

2 comments:

  1. One posiible angle is the evolution of a particularly important area of Galactic Christendom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bradford

    Interesting idea. Write the history in a mix of genres.
    a monk writing a history similar to medieval texts; an authour writing a story with the story. Youtubers at different times recording videos and commenting. They could be from trite to moving.
    And leave some mysteries and unkownn.

    Give us an atmosphere of a world similar to Tolkein's appendices in the Lord of the Rings and Unfinished tales. I really enjoyed the tidbits and unused lore in those books. And the readers would enjoy similarly with Star knights

    xavier

    ReplyDelete

Anonymous comments are banned. Pick a name, and "Unknown" (et. al.) doesn't count.