Monday, December 18, 2017

Twitter Thinks Itself a Bird of Prey

As of this post, the #TwitterPurge has not nailed me- yet. Not that it's escaped my notice, as I expect this to go in waves and I am nowhere near the top of any target list. Not even a handful of steps down from the top. If I get nailed, it will be directly due to some Verified Vapid whining to Daddy Jack about me specifically due to hurt fee-fees, same as it is for most who get the banhammer.

Yes, I have backups elsewhere. I post daily to Gab and Minds in addiction to Twatter and Faceborg, usually links back to here, and I'm on Google Plus purely because of Google's ownership of Blogger. I'll amend the About tab above to provide links to the socials presently.

While I won't be abandoning Twitter, otherwise I'm not far off from Razorfist's sentiment on the matter, which I'm putting below.

And remember that Twitter only endures because Silicon Valley dumps capital into it as if it were a coal-burning steam engine on a train in motion. The instant that stops, it's only a matter of months--maybe weeks--before it's forced to shut down entirely. That's right, Twitter is a money pit. If it weren't for its position as a social media giant, it would've closed years ago like so many also-rans have.

It's hardly harmless, but it will also not have the desired result.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Anonymous comments are banned. Pick a name, and "Unknown" (et. al.) doesn't count.