Saturday, April 16, 2022

Narrative Warfare: Mockery Works, My Friends

I have to concur with Anonymous Conservative on this. It really is something Vox Day's Arkhaven should do as a laugh. Jon del Arroz could probably whip up a script in a week or two for a book.

The really funny part would be when the Glowies give up doing it in-house and outsource the job to someone that does know who Kent is, but can't reveal this for their own reasons, and not only refuses the job but tips Supes off as a means of self-protection. "I am not telling you this out of the goodness of my heart, Kent. I am telling you this because I want it clear that I am not involved in this circus and its rampaging chimpout by the monkeys despite those monkeys trying to rope me in. Handle this, Kent, before it gets further out of hand."

And then Superman does so, without presenting as Superman, because he's Superman. It would be even funnier if the resolution was that the folks that do know threw the Glowies under the bus because their actions threatened to expose them, and in the denoument Supes shows up after hours and does his best Batman impression: "Be good, don't be bad, and I won't have to roll over the rock hiding you from exposure."

(Because Supes is a Messiah analogy, and therefore a stand-in for God.)

Go tweek a few noses and call it "No Hiding Place".

1 comment:

  1. Bradford,

    Interesting premise. I'd include Lex Luthour as a stand in for the billionaire class. Yeah he does a better job but still can't kill superman due neckbeard and Karen going Wiky E Coyote withbtheirvplans.

    xavier

    ReplyDelete

Anonymous comments are banned. Pick a name, and "Unknown" (et. al.) doesn't count.