Saturday, January 8, 2022

My Life In Fandom: Geek Gab Returns! New Spooder Mans, Pseudo-Neo, & More.

Welcome back Daddy Warpig and Dorrinal as they return in 2022 to talk about the zombie franchises that just won't die and whatever else they want to rant about.

I'll be in the live chat, as usual, and I hope you're there too.

I'm glad to see that Psuedo-Neo took the opportunity to shit on the corporate push for unnecessary sequels, even if the film itself is a trashfire; it means that there will be salvagable clips to use for memes, and not just to shit on the film. It's only a limited hangout, but better limited than nothing.

As for Spooder-Mans, I find the entire film cynical Nostagla Bait and I can't get behind that. It's a display of contempt that too many do not recognize as such, especially when it's otherwise a clean film that is decently executed, so I think that the studios will adjust their practices in the wake of this film to win back the populations. The studios are still run by people that hate their audiences; they're just refining their display of that contempt.

The policy therefore stands:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Anonymous comments are banned. Pick a name, and "Unknown" (et. al.) doesn't count.