Friday, February 19, 2021

My Life As A Gamer: It's BlizzCon 2021 & I Don't Care

BlizzCon 2021, a lame virtual event, begins today. It's freely available, such that you can even restream it on Twitch and (I expect) YouTube.

If you detect a tone of indifference, that's because I am. Everything that was expected to be said that matters to me got confirmed yesterday when the press kits got leaked--"leaked"--again and the fan sites dutifully Hoovered them up and posted the expected clickbait to gin up something resembling authentic enthusiasm.

I won't go over them in detail. Suffice it to say that Classic will go on to do The Burning Crusade, while the live game gets its expected Next Patch Reveal; the latter confirms that the dev team has turned game development into a Mad Lib template and they've just been swapping out word choices for template prompts since Legion. It's lazy, displays contempt for the audience, and forces the art teams to hard-carry the game.

If there's anything announced that actually matters, I'll edit it into this post after today's presentation. In the meantime, here's news Blizzard that matters:

We'll see what comes of this soon enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Anonymous comments are banned. Pick a name, and "Unknown" (et. al.) doesn't count.