Thursday, July 18, 2019

Planning For The Future: You Shall Not Poz!

It may be presumptuous of me, as I'm barely out of the gate at this point, but I believe that Star Knight will find itself a popular audience soon enough. Once it does, all of the things I want to see happen--e.g. getting into Super Robot Wars--will begin to happen. However, I have to keep in mind that someday I won't have my hands on my creation. If death itself doesn't do the job, I may be a fool and sell it as George Lucas did to Star Wars.

In short, I need to establish an estate plan. It's going to be this simple: If I didn't write it, or sanction it, it doesn't get made. While I'm alive, I'm closing the door on posthumous expansion or revision of my work. The most I will allow is what Christopher Tolkien did for his father; allow the careful curation and publication of remaining papers and unfinished works. At some point, sooner than later, I'll have to assemble and maintain a document akin to a Series Bible to give firm guidance on how to adapt my work.

Because I won't allow what happened to Star Wars to befall my own work. Once I'm gone, the door shuts and the lock seals the corpus forever. Better to be fossilized than defiled. My property is never to leave my posterity's possession; I forbid it now, while I still can, and I also forbid my executors from pozzing my work- it is to remain as I wrote it and intended it forever after.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Anonymous comments are banned. Pick a name, and "Unknown" (et. al.) doesn't count.