Sunday, April 28, 2019

My Life As A Marksman: Ruger Does A Budget Rimfire Revolver

It's been a long time since I did a firearms post. As the NRA's annual show is concluding as I write this post, I think I'll talk about one of the new revolvers coming out on the occasion of this show.

As many have noted, this is Ruger's move against the Heritage Rough Rider, which is even cheaper but made of notoriously poor materials (such that it's base version is not legal in my state) and equally poor finish. Ruger is a solid company, and now that Bill Ruger is gone it's fully committed to the 2nd Amendment of the US Constitution. If you get your hands on a Ruger, you have a reliable firearm regardless of what it is.

I've been wanting a Single-Action Army style of revolver for some time, and this would be ideal for me. The street price is going to be about $200, which is a steal for U.S. firearms, and it will fit into existing accessories for the more-expensive Single-Six model so you can get all the holsters, etc. you want for it. For those wanting to do Cowboy Action Shooting on the cheap, this is ideal; a solid, reliable revolver by a solid, reliable manufacturer using dirt-cheap and plentiful ammo. Go for the lever-action rifle in the same chambering--hello Henry Repeating Arms--and all you need is a coach gun to finish the trifecta. Fun for the whole family, and built like a tank so it'll last for generations. I'll take a Wrangler in Black Cerekote.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Anonymous comments are banned. Pick a name, and "Unknown" (et. al.) doesn't count.