Monday, December 19, 2016

My Life as a Shooter: Wish List Addendum

So, since you can't order firearms from Amazon, I'm doing this as a Wish List addendum. I have no expectation that anyone will be so generous as to make them happen, but I've been a really good boy this year and Santa is welcome to leave a rifle under the tree for me. Yes, this is me doing a not-that-serious post.

  • Mauser K98k: Yeah, I want a Mauser. Duh. This specific model most of all, but any decent shooter will be welcome. Yes, including those Spanish Mausers in 7.62.x51mm NATO and those Swedish Mausers in 6.5x55mm. Yes, including those Yugoslavian models. Accessories and ammo welcome.
  • SLME No.4/Mk.1: Also in that "Duh" category, and much the same here. No.1s are welcome. No.5s are welcome. So long as it's a decent shooter, I'm happy. Just throw in a box of ammo.
  • Mosin-Nagant M44: I have a 91/30, so I want the shorter ones (so a M38 is fine), and more ammo is welcome.
  • CZ 527 Carbine: I want this specifically in 7.62x39mm, for the reason I mentioned previously. Extra magazines, a sling, and ammo are welcome.
  • Marlin 336/Winchester 94: In short, I mean "lever-action rifle in .30-30 Winchester with a side-loading gate on the receiver" because this is meant to be built into a lever-action scout rifle. Ammo and other bits for the built quite welcome. Such a rifle in .357 Magnum is fine, but not top on the list.
  • Ruger 10/22: I don't have one. I have two other rifles in .22 Long Rifle, but not one of these; prefer to have it set up for Appleseed. It's a good rifle, Brent, so why not?
  • CZ 455: I have a friend with the 452, and it a fantastic squirrel rifle. Hard to find now, but the 455 seems to be just as good if not better, so why not?
  • Marlin 39/Winchester 9422/Henry Small Game Rifle: I mean "lever-action rifle in .22 Long Rifle", and I prefer a 20" barrel (which is why I specified the Small Game Rifle for the Henry), but any decent shooter is welcome and you can't have enough .22LR ammo on hand.
  • I don't have any ARs, AKs, SKS (et. al.). Not high on the list, but not going to be turned away so long as it's a solid shooter.
  • Mossberg 500/Remington 870: I mean "pump-action shotgun in 12 gauge with full-length magazine tube". #1 or 00 buckshot please for ammo.

Okay, longarms sorted. Now, handguns.

  • Ruger Mk.IV Target: Oh hot damn, this pistol puts a smile on my face and a spring in my step. It looks and feels like a perfect bottle-popper, and I want one something fierce. A few spare magazines wouldn't hurt, along with more ammo. So long as it's the Target model, I don't care if it's Blued or Stainless.
  • CZ 75 SP-01: Look, if I'm going for a solid service pistol, I want one with style- and the CZ SP-01 has it in spades. (As does the 75B, which I will also welcome with a smile.) In 9x19mm Luger, should anyone doubt that; for you .45 ACP supremists, get me the CZ 97B instead. Mags, ammo, etc. welcome.
  • Ruger GP100: By this, I mean "a service revolver in .357 Magnum or .38 Special", so 3-4" barrel- no snubs or long barrels. .45 ACP fanboys, go with a Smith & Wesson 625. .45 Colt fanboys, just get a Single-Action Army type w/ a 5' barrel. Ammo, etc. welcome.
  • Coonan: Yes, the semi-auto in .357 Magnum, because if I'm wishing then I want a moonshot mixed in and this is mine. This specific model with adjustable night sights is what I have in mind.
  • Browning Hi-Power: I prefer the Practical, but I don't give a fuck about specific models, or even if they're licensed knockoffs (e.g. Israeli Kareem), so long as they're Hi-Powers that are good shooters. 9x19mm Luger, of course.

Okay, sorted. Here's hoping that my firearm fancies become rustless realities. If you're wanting to make something else happen, hit up my lists at Amazon and Steam.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Anonymous comments are banned. Pick a name, and "Unknown" (et. al.) doesn't count.