Walker's Retreat is best considered to be a firepit at a cabin. It's where you can hear what I have to say, and engage in conversation with me, but it is not a public square. You are a guest, and I reserve the right to exclude guests exhibiting bad behavior. I find Vox Day's rules for Vox Populi good and practical, and amended here so I'll adapt his for my purposes.
- I don't care. Take your drama elsewhere.
- This is not a democracy. Commenting here is a privilege, not a right; if I tell you to go, you go.
- No Anonymous comments. You are expected to assume a name and stand by it. Violators will be punished by deletion, and eventually bans.
- You will be addressed in the manner you present yourself. You come in full of piss and vinegar, and you'll get it in return.
- You're expected to back your claims with verifiable evidence. Failure to comply will result in derision at first, and then deletion.
- Cross-comments and off-topic comments shall be deleted. Focus, stay on topic, and engage in good faith or I get out the Banhammer.
- Address the argument and not me. If your argument is about me rather than the topic, if you attempt to address a macro topic by referring to me as a micro counterexample, or if you attempt to bring me up in any way as the basis, relevant or irrelevant, of your argument, I am going to delete your comment. If you do it more than once, I will spam you.
- I am the sole interpreter. You try to bullshit me about how the rules work, you're gone. My house, my rules, my call- and mine alone.