Sunday, May 5, 2019

My Life As A Marksman: Henry Finally Adds Loading Gates

The NRA Show ended a week ago, but that's not stopping me from pointing out stuff debuted there that I'm keen on acquiring. This review by The Firearms Blog is a typical reaction to Henry Repeating Arms' introduction of a side-loading version of their lever-action rifle, a long-requested version due to competitors--such as Marlin Firearms--having side-loaders as standard for generations.

Henry's rifles aren't cheap; all-American labor and raw materials in all-American facilities done to high quality means you're paying a premium price. For this rifle model, you're paying about as much as you would for a pre-built gaming PC that's good enough for most recent releases (i.e. around $1000 US), but you're also getting heirloom quality in return. Take care of it, and it will take care of your great-grandchildren.

I'll wait for the All-Weather finish versions before I buy one, but when they come out I'll get one in .30-30 Winchester and in .357 Magnum- the latter to pair with a revolver chambered likewise. In the meantime, Henry's Classic Lever Action .22 Rifle is what I aim to get from them, and pair that with a Ruger Wrangler.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Anonymous comments are banned. Pick a name, and "Unknown" (et. al.) doesn't count.